- 400g chopped butternut
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 tbsp olive oil, plus 1 tsp
- ½ tsp paprika
- ½ tsp cumin seeds
- ½ tsp ground coriander
- 100g long-grain rice
- 2 tbsp fresh coriander
- 1 avocado, stoned, diced and mashed
- 4 flour tortillas
- 2 fresh ripe tomatoes, chopped and deseeded
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- Juice of ½ a lemon
- Heat oven to 200°C. Put the butternut and onion in a roasting tin with 1 tbsp oil and toss. Stir in the spices and season. Roast for 30 min, tossing every so often.
- Meanwhile, cook the rice according to pack instructions. When ready, toss it through the cooked butternut with the fresh coriander. You can cool and chill for later at this stage.
- To make the salsa, mix the ripe tomatoes with 1 tsp oil, garlic and a squeeze of lemon. Mix the avocado with a little lemon juice.
- Lay out a flour tortilla and spread with the salsa, then add the avo and about a quarter of the butternut mixture. Wrap the tortilla up in a sheet of foil and twist the edges to seal. Toast the foil parcel in a frying pan, turning, until hot all the way through.
Digital editor at Essentials magazine with an interest in online (duh!), a passion for finding easy solutions, and a love for all things delightful (think road trips, sweet treats and romcoms).