2 large eggs, plus 2 egg whites
100g fruity muesli
3 tsp baking powder
70g castor sugar
70g unsalted butter, chilled and cubed
190ml full-cream milk
2½ tbsp apricot jam
- Heat the oven to 190°C. Gently whisk the egg whites until frothy, then stir in the muesli. Set aside.
- Sift together the flour, baking powder and pinch of salt in a bowl, then mix in the sugar. Rub in the butter until the mix resembles breadcrumbs. Lightly whisk the eggs and milk and pour into the dry mix, reserving a little for an egg wash. Combine, then knead for 30 seconds to bring it together. Cut into 2 equal pieces.
- Roll each piece into a 25-cm square. Divide the muesli filling between the squares, leaving 2cm along one edge, and brush this with the egg wash.
- Starting at the other edge, roll up the dough and filling and secure with the egg-washed edge. Repeat.
- Put both rolls on a lined baking tray and cut lengthways, leaving 2cm uncut at one end. Twist the 2 pieces together, securing at the end. Repeat, then brush with egg wash and bake for 30 min.
- Melt the jam and 50ml water in a pan, then brush over the bread; leave to cool.