1 small head of garlic
1 tbsp olive oil
200ml low-fat milk
2 sprigs thyme
2 tins butter beans
- Start by coating the garlic head with the olive oil and roast in the oven at 180°C for 40 min to 1 hr until the garlic is soft.
- Place the milk in a pot and warm to scalding point.
- Cut the head in half and squeeze the roasted garlic into the milk.
- Add the beans (rinsed and drained) and the thyme, and cook the mixture on a low heat for about 10 min.
- Remove the thyme sprigs and place the beans in a blender, or blend with a hand blender, to a smooth purée.
- Pass the purée through a sieve to ensure that there are no lumps. If the consistency is too thick, add a bit more milk.
- Season to your taste and serve as a side.
Silky, light dessert
The festive season brings out the sweet tooth in all of us. ‘Rather than depriving yourself, enjoy treats on occasion as part of a balanced diet,’ says Candice. ‘By adding nutritious elements, you can indulge while still getting a health boost.’