An easy fruity loaf that's perfect for teatime - replace the peaches with any in-season fruit (we like mango, raspberries or even figs)
Serves: 8 to 10
Cooking time: 1 hr + cooling time
Energy: 2251 to 2816kJ per serving
Saturated Fat: 14 to 18g
- 250g butter
- 250g castor sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 125g each polenta and gluten-free baking flour
- 100g ground almonds
- ¼ tsp xanthan gum
- 2 tsp baking powder
- Zest of 2 oranges, plus the juice of ½ an orange
- 6 tbsp peach compote
- 100g icing sugar
- 1 peach, sliced
- Heat the oven to 150°C. Line a 1kg loaf tin with baking paper.
- Cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Gradually whisk in the eggs. Fold in the polenta, flour, almonds, xanthan gum, baking powder and zest. Fold in 4 tbsp compote and pour the mix into the tin. Bake for 50 min to 1 hr, or until a skewer inserted into the middle comes out clean. Leave to cool in the tin, then turn onto a wire rack to finish cooling.
- Mix the icing sugar with just enough orange juice to make a thick drizzle. Toss the peach with the compote.
- Put the loaf onto a serving plate and decorate with the peach slices. Drizzle over the icing and serve.