Honey & mustard marinated roast salmon
- 1kg side salmon, skin on and boneless
- 4 tbsp wholegrain mustard
- 2 tbsp horseradish sauce
- 200ml olive oil
- Zested rind of 2 lemons and 4-6 tbsp juice
- 4 tbsp honey
- 8 spring onions, sliced
- 2 red chillies, deseeded and sliced
- 3-4 tbsp fresh dill, roughly chopped, plus extra for garnish
- Lemon wedges, to serve
- Heat the oven to 220°C. Cut the salmon into 8 pieces and place on a lined baking sheet. Mix the wholegrain mustard and horseradish together and spread over fish. Bake for 15-20 min or until it starts to turn golden.
- Meanwhile, pour the oil into a jug and stir in the lemon rind and juice, honey and seasoning, and whisk together. Stir in the spring onions, chillies and dill.
- Remove the salmon from the oven. As soon as it’s cool enough to handle, peel away the skin and place in a single layer in a large dish. Pour over the olive-oil dressing. Leave it in a cool place until the fish is cold, then cover the dish with a lid or with clingwrap. Leave it to marinate in the fridge for at least 24 hr, or up to 3 days. If the dressing doesn’t completely cover the fish, then baste it over a few times while the fish is still marinating.
- Lift the salmon out on a slotted fish slice to drain off the oil and place on a serving platter. Scoop out some of the dressing ingredients and arrange them on top of the salmon.