400g sheet puff pastry
4 strawberries, sliced into 4
160ml strawberry jam
1 egg mixed with 1 tbsp milk
- Preheat the oven to 200C.
- Roll the pastry out on a lightly floured surface until it’s about 3mm thick. Try your best to keep it as rectangular as possible (the rectangle should be twice as wide as it is high). Cut the rectangle into 4 squares, then cut each square into 4 squares.
- Place the pastry squares onto sheets of baking paper. Place 2 teaspoons of jam in the middle of each pastry square. Fold each corner towards the centre of the square.
- Egg wash the top of the pastries and sprinkle some sugar on top. Place a slice of strawberry in the middle.
- Place in the oven and bake for about 15 minutes — or until puffed up and golden brown.