KOO has launched two exciting new Black Bean variants, Black Beans in Flavoured Brine and Black Beans in Mexican Style Sauce. They are tasty, convenient, versatile and nutritious. Try this easy KOO Mexican Style Black Beans & avocado wrap recipe for a quick and tasty lunch or dinner.
1 can (410g) KOO Black Beans in Mexican Style Sauce
juice of 1 lime
1 clove garlic, crushed
1 avocado, pitted and sliced
salt and freshly ground black pepper
2 red peppers, roasted, skinned and sliced into strips
250ml (1 cup) grated cheddar cheese
8 medium-sized flour tortillas
65ml ( ¼ cup) ready-made Mexican salsa sauce
65ml ( ¼ cup) sour cream
- Warm tortillas in the oven according to instructions on the packet.
- Lightly drain half of the KOO Black Beans in Mexican Style Sauce and place in a bowl, add lime juice and garlic, mash lightly with a fork.
- Spread mashed beans over whole tortillas.
- Arrange roasted red peppers, slices of avocado and remaining KOO Black Beans in Mexican Style Sauce, evenly over each tortilla, sprinkle with cheddar cheese, drizzle with salsa sauce and sour cream.
- Roll up the tortilla, tightly. Wrap in plastic wrap and cool in the fridge for at least 15 minutes.
- Slice each roll into 2 pieces. Serve with your favourite sauce or sour cream dip.
Leave tortillas open, place the fillings in small bowls and let your guests build their own wraps.