- 100g basmati rice
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 150g mixed mushrooms, roughly chopped
- 1 carrot, cut into very thin matchsticks
- 100g baby spinach leaves
- ½ tbsp soy sauce
- 2 large eggs
- 60g bean sprouts
- 2 spring onions, finely sliced
- Small handful of coriander leaves, chopped
- Hot chilli sauce, to serve
- Cook the rice, according to the pack instructions. Heat 1 tbsp of the oil in a large frying pan over a medium heat, add the garlic and cook for 30 sec, then add the mushrooms. Cook for 1 min, then push them to one side of the frying pan, add the carrot and keep it in another part of the pan; heat for 2 min. Finally, set the spinach in the remaining part of the pan. Heat for 1 min. Drizzle over soy sauce.
- Meanwhile, heat the remaining oil in a small frying pan and cook the eggs. To serve, divide the rice between 2 bowls and set an egg on each, add a portion of the cooked veg and the bean sprouts to the bowls. Sprinkle over the spring onion and coriander. Serve with hot chilli sauce.