This simple dish is perfect for braai days or summer nights
Cooking time: 25 mins
- 8 lean lamb cutlets
- Black pepper, to season
- 2 x 400g cans butter beans in brine, drained
- 4 tbsp low-kilojoule Italian salad dressing
- A few sprigs rosemary, finely chopped
- 100g baby spinach
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- Mint leaves, to garnish
- Heat a griddle pan or grill. Season the lamb cutlets on both sides with the freshly ground black pepper. Cook on the griddle pan or under the grill for about 10-15 min, depending on whether you like your lamb pink or well done, turning from time to time.
- While the lamb cutlets are cooking, mix the drained butter beans with the Italian dressing and rosemary. Blanche the spinach if you’d like (but it’s just as good raw). Serve with the lamb, spinach and a drizzle of some balsamic vinegar. Garnish with the mint leaves.