Why would you make an omelette in a mug?
The answer is… because you can! This nifty 5-minute meal saves on time and dishes — and if you want to, you can even make yourself a yummy breakfast or lunch at the office. So no more discussions, here’s how to make it.
What you will need to make an omelette in a mug
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tbsp milk
- 1 tbsp chopped onion
- 2 tbsp chopped bell pepper
- 2 slices cooked ham, chopped
- 1 tbsp shredded cheddar cheese (plus extra for topping) — if you’re watching those calories, replace the cheddar with a sprinkling of Parmesan
- Salt and pepper
- Spray & cook
How to make a microwave omelette in a mug
1. Coat the inside of a microwave-safe mug with cooking spray. You might be tempted to skip this step, but it really makes getting your omelette out of the mug and cleaning up easy.
2. Crack the eggs into the mug and use a fork or small whisk to beat until completely combined.
3. Stir in the milk, onion and peppers. Mix well. Add the cheese and season with salt and pepper.
4. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 1 minute.
5. Stir the eggs, top with extra cheese, if using, and cook for another 30 to 60 seconds on high, until the eggs are completely set.
6. Remove the mug from the microwave and serve immediately.