A thrifty steak supper with a hint of South American flavour
Cooking time: 30 minutes
Energy: 2134kJ per serving
Saturated Fat: 5g
- 2 sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into chips
- 1 tbsp sunflower oil, plus a little extra for the steaks
- 2 minute-steaks
- 1 tsp paprika
- 2 tbsp each chopped parsley and fresh oregano
- 1 red chilli, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- juice of 1/2 a lemon
- salad, to serve
- Heat the oven to 200°C. Toss the sweet potatoes with the sunflower oil on a baking tray, season well, then roast for 30 min. Rub the steaks with a little oil, paprika and seasoning, then set aside.
- Make the salsa by mixing the herbs, chilli, garlic, olive oil, vinegar and lemon; season.
- Heat a griddle or frying pan until very hot and cook the steaks for 1 min on each side. Transfer to a warmed plate to rest for a few minutes. Serve with the salsa, sweet potato chips and salad on the side.