For the base
200g chocolate digestive biscuits, finely crushed
For the filling
300g milk chocolate, broken up
100g dark chocolate, broken up
500g mascarpone, at room temperature
6 tbsp thick caramel sauce
For the topping
55g dark chocolate
tube of Rolos, chopped and a few left whole
- Grease and line a deep 23cm spring-form cake tin. Melt the butter in the microwave, then pour into a large bowl and stir through the biscuit crumbs to coat. Press into the base of the cake tin and chill.
- For the filling, gently melt the milk and dark chocolate in a bowl over a pan of barely simmering water, then leave to cool slightly. In a large bowl, mix the mascarpone until smooth. In another bowl, whip the cream to soft peaks. Whisk the mascarpone and chocolate together, then fold into the cream until thick.
- Spoon dollops of the chocolate mix into the tin, followed by spoonfuls of caramel sauce. Marble with a skewer, then chill for at least 4 hours or until set.
- Meanwhile, to make the topping, melt the chocolate and cream in a bowl set over a pan of barely simmering water. Set aside to cool at room temperature.
- When the cheesecake has set, carefully remove from the tin, transfer to a serving plate and pour the ganache over the top. Decorate by piling up the Rolos in the centre of the cheesecake.
To remove the cheesecake easily, run a hot cloth around the cold tin before opening the spring-clip clasp.