Keep scrolling for our yummy lunch idea for two using the leftover risotto
Cooking time: 45 mins
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 200g bacon lardons
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 400g risotto rice
- 1,2ℓ hot vegetable stock
- 1 tsp thyme leaves
- 200g frozen edamame beans (try Woolworths)
- 200g frozen peas
- 50g Parmesan cheese, grated
- Knob of butter
- Heat the oil in a large pan and fry the bacon for a few min until it is lightly browned. Add the chopped onion and cook for a few more min until it is soft.
- Stir in the garlic and risotto rice, then cook for 1 min. Pour in half the vegetable stock, the thyme and beans, then cook for 10 min, stirring occasionally. Gradually add the rest of the stock, stirring from time to time, until the rice is tender but still has a bit of a bite.
- Add the peas and cook for 1 min, Take the pan off the heat then stir in the Parmesan, butter, salt and pepper.
Notes: Leftover lunch idea - Pesto rice salad (Serves 2)
- Put 2 tbsp olive oil in a large bowl and whisk in 5 tbsp white-wine vinegar and 1 tbsp pesto.
- Add 400g leftover risotto, 2 chopped celery sticks, 2 chopped gherkins and 300g rinsed and drained tinned red kidney beans. Stir to combine.