- 400g uncooked prawns with the tail on, defrosted if frozen
- 25g peri-peri seasoning (we used Nando’s PERi-PERi Medium Sauce)
- 1 tbsp sunflower oil
- 1 each red- and green pepper, deseeded and diced
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1/2 tsp hot smoked paprika
- 200g rice
- 400ml vegetable stock
- Mixed salad, to serve
- Tip the prawns into a large bowl, add peri-peri, and stir well. Cover with clingwrap and leave in the fridge for 15 min.
- Meanwhile, heat half the oil in a deep pan and fry the peppers over a high heat for 3 min. Add the turmeric and hot smoked paprika, and cook for a further 2 min.
- Add the rice to the pan and stir well. Pour over the vegetable stock, bring to the boil and turn the rice down to a simmer. Cover and cook for 10-12 min, until the rice is just tender.
- Heat a frying pan to high with the remaining oil and cook the prawns for 2 min on each side or until pink through and slightly charred. Serve immediately with rice and mixed salad.