400g sheet puff pastry
160ml basil pesto
16 baby tomatoes, quartered
1 cup grated mozzarella
1 egg mixed with 1 tbsp milk
- Preheat the oven to 200C.
- Roll the pastry out on a lightly floured surface until it’s about 3mm thick. Try your best to keep it as rectangular as possible (the rectangle should be twice as wide as it is high). Cut the rectangle into 4 squares, then cut each square into 4 squares.
- Place the pastry squares onto sheets of baking paper. Place 2 teaspoons of pesto in the middle of each pastry square. Make 4 diagonal cuts from the corner towards the centre of each square.
- Fold each pastry point into the centre of the square, pressing them down gently. Egg wash the top of the pastries and sprinkle the cheese on top. Place the quartered tomatoes in the middle of the pinwheels.
- Place in the oven and bake for about 15 minutes — or until puffed up and golden brown.