A one-pan breakfast tart that is every pork lover’s dream! And the best part about this tart is that you can eat for breakfast, lunch, or supper.
320g ready-rolled puff pastry
400g pork chipolata sausages
1 tbsp olive oil
250g mushrooms, sliced
6 rashers of streaky bacon
3 medium eggs
300ml double-thick cream
- Unroll the pastry sheet and use it to line a greased 18cm x 28cm traybake tin, pressing it in well. Trim the overhanging pastry at the short ends and the corners. Prick the base with a fork. Chill in the fridge.
- Heat the oven to 220°C. Put a baking sheet in to heat up. Skin the pork sausages and break each into 4 chunks. Heat a non-stick frying pan, add the sausage chunks and fry them for about 8 min, shaking the pan every so often until the chunks are browned all over. Tip out onto a large sieve over a bowl.
- Add the oil to the pan and when hot add the mushrooms. Cover and cook for 3 min then take the lid off and cook for another 2-3 min until they are browned and the juices are absorbed. Tip into the sieve with the sausages.
- Stretch the bacon rashers with the back of a knife. Cut in half widthways then in half lengthways. Whisk the eggs and cream in a bowl. Season.
- Spread the sausage meat and the mushrooms in the pastry case. Pour in the beaten eggs and cream, and then criss-cross the bacon strips over the top.
- Put the tin on the hot baking sheet on the bottom half of the oven and bake for 25-30 min until lightly browned. Leave for 5 min before serving straight from the tin.