Honestly, this recipe for microwave pizza in a mug has changed our lives. The first time we made it in the office, we attracted people from all over the building asking us what we were doing and how we had made such a delicious looking treat using only a microwave, pantry staples and less than 5 minutes.
The only problem with knowing how to harness the power of your microwave to make an instant pizza is that you’ll want to do it all the time.
Who will love this microwave pizza in a mug?
- Parents — how often have you had to make a snack for kids who claim to be dying from hunger? And apparently a piece of toast with some peanut butter on it isn’t good enough. This pizza in a mug is as quick as toast, but will get you a mom of the year award.
- Children — have you ever met a kid who doesn’t like the combination of carbs, tomatoes and cheese? Neither have we!
- University students — if you’re living in res or with your friends in a digs then you know what it’s like to have to live on instant noodles. This pizza in a mug changes everything! But you probably still shouldn’t have it for every meal…
- People returning from a big night out — we’ve all been there; you’ve had a fun night with friends, possibly indulging in a few adult beverages, and now that you’re home you need a salty, savoury, snack NOW!
- People cooking for one — There’s nothing worse than dirtying 100 dishes when you’re cooking for yourself. And now you don’t have to.
Who won’t love this microwave pizza in a mug?
- People who don’t know what they’re missing
- People you should avoid at all costs
- Those who generally refuse to eat delicious things
What you’ll need to make a pizza in a mug
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp baking powder
- Pinch of bicarbonate of soda
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 2 tablesoons tomato pasta sauce (or more if you’d like it more saucy)
- Grated cheese
- Salami or any leftover cold meat, or toppings of your choice
- Dried herbs
How to make a microwave pizza in a mug
1. In a microwaveable mug, stir together the flour, salt, baking powder, and a pinch of bicarb.
2. Whisk in the milk and oil, mixing thoroughly until smooth.
3. Add a dollop of the pasta sauce and spread it evenly over the base.
4. Top with some grated cheese, salami, dried herbs and any other toppings you like.
5. Microwave for 70 to 80 seconds, or until the cheese is bubbling all over, and eat up!
Now that you know how to make pizza in a mug, learn another amazing foodie skill with this tutorial on how to make chocolate bowls!