- 375g lean lamb mince
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 500g passata
- 1 lamb stock cube
- 200g pasta rice
- 15g shelled, unsalted pistachio nuts
- Fresh mint and flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- 2 tbsp pomegranate seeds
- 1 tsp dried rose petals, roughly crushed (optional)
- Dry-fry the lamb minc in a large non-stick pan for 3 min, stirring continuously. Add the onion and garlic and cook for a further 3 min to soften the onion.
- Stir in the cumin and passata and add the stock cube. Season with black pepper, bring to the boil, reduce heat, cover and simmer for 20 min.
- Meanwhile, cook the pasta rice according to the pack instructions. Drain.
- Serve the lamb over the pasta rice and scatter the pistachios, chopped herbs, pomegranate seeds and rose petals (if using).
Digital editor at Essentials magazine with an interest in online (duh!), a passion for finding easy solutions, and a love for all things delightful (think road trips, sweet treats and romcoms).