Double up on your lamb ragu and freeze half of it for dinner in a flash!
Cooking time: 35 mins
- 375g lean lamb mince
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 500g passata
- 1 lamb stock cube
- 200g pasta rice
- 15g shelled, unsalted pistachio nuts
- Fresh mint and flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- 2 tbsp pomegranate seeds
- 1 tsp dried rose petals, roughly crushed (optional)
- Dry-fry the lamb minc in a large non-stick pan for 3 min, stirring continuously. Add the onion and garlic and cook for a further 3 min to soften the onion.
- Stir in the cumin and passata and add the stock cube. Season with black pepper, bring to the boil, reduce heat, cover and simmer for 20 min.
- Meanwhile, cook the pasta rice according to the pack instructions. Drain.
- Serve the lamb over the pasta rice and scatter the pistachios, chopped herbs, pomegranate seeds and rose petals (if using).