A clever low-kilojoule trick for weeknight 'pasta'. For the hungry ones, serve the veg-packed sauce with real spaghetti.
Cooking time: 40 minutes
Energy: 1364kJ per serving
Saturated Fat: 4g
Ingredients:For the veg-packed Bolognese sauce
- splash olive or avocado oil
- 300g lean minced beef
- 1 tsp chicken seasoning
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 celery stick, chopped
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 1 courgette, diced
- 400g can cherry tomatoes
- 3 tbsp tomato purée
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 200ml beef stock
- 1 vegetable stock cube
- 4 carrots, cut, spiralised or peeled into thin strands
- 4 courgettes, cut, spiralised or peeled into thin strands
- Heat the oil in a large pan, add the mince, season with black pepper, then add the chicken seasoning and fry for 10 minutes.
- Add the onion and cook for 5 minutes to soften, then stir in the garlic, celery, red pepper and courgette, and cook for a few minutes.
- Pour in the tomatoes, tomato purée, balsamic vinegar and stock. Cover and simmer for 25 minutes, until the meat is tender.
- Put the stock cube into a large pan of boiling water and cook the carrots and courgettes for 2 minutes. Drain and serve with the sauce.