4 deboned lamb shanks
2 tsp olive oil
½ punnet portabellini mushrooms
½ punnet baby button mushrooms, halved
1 garlic clove, crushed
300ml ricotta cheese
2 spring onions, sliced
1 red onion, cut into wedges and roasted
salad leaves, to serve
- Season the lamb with salt and pepper.
- Heat the olive oil, add the garlic and fry the mushrooms,separately, until golden. Set the baby mushrooms aside for serving.
- Arrange the sliced portabellini mushrooms onto the lamb, along with the ricotta cheese and sliced spring onions. Roll the lamb up and tie together using kitchen twine.
- Braai the lamb in a closed kettle braai for 2 hours, or until it's done to your liking.
- Serve with salad greens, red onion and baby button mushrooms.