- 1 tsp rapeseed oil
- 4 shallots, sliced
- 4 chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 2 tbsp Thai red curry paste
- 400ml can reduced-fat coconut milk
- 150ml chicken stock
- 4 tsp fish sauce
- 1 tsp castor sugar
- 1 red pepper, sliced
- 200g baby spinach leaves
- Juice 1 lime
- 1 small bunch basil leaves, torn
- 1 small bunch coriander, roughly chopped
- Lime wedges, to serve
- Heat the oil in a large, deep frying pan and fry the shallots for a few min, to soften. Add the chicken and fry for around 5 min to brown lightly.
- Stir in the curry paste and cook for 1 min. Add the coconut milk, stock, fish sauce and castor sugar, and stir well to combine. Add the pepper and simmer for 15 min.
- Add the spinach, lime juice, basil and coriander, and cook for 1 min more. Serve with rice and lime wedges on the side.