Ladies and gentlemen, it’s the life hack you’ve all been waiting for! This is an insanely easy pizza dough recipe that requires no kneading, no proving time, almost no effort and, yes — you guessed it, only two ingredients. If you’ve been looking for a delicious recipe for a pizza base without yeast, well, this is it. Mind = blown!
We love this recipe, because everyone gets excited when they hear pizza is on the menu, but not everyone has the time to make pizza dough from scratch and wait for it to rise (never mind all the kneading!). By the time the pizza is ready to go into the oven we’re in need of several glasses of wine and wishing we’d made pasta with ready-made sauce instead.
Instead, turn to this quick and easy pizza dough recipe for a last-minute meal, when entertaining (prepare the dough and let everyone make their own) or as a way to entertain the kids.
You really do only need 2 ingredients for this pizza dough recipe, and the process is super easy and takes a matter of minutes. In fact, because this is a yeast free pizza dough, we bet that throwing together this homemade pizza will be quicker (and SO much cheaper) than ordering takeaway pizza. Well, what are you waiting for?
What to expect from this yeast free pizza dough
- Although we really do think this easy pizza recipe is the best thing since we saw this video of these naughty pandas, it isn’t going to taste exactly like that pizza you had on the streets of Rome when you went to Italy in July 10 years ago.
- No one was more skeptical than us when we heard about this easy food hack (how can yoghurt and flour possibly make a tasty pizza base?), but it really does produce a decent, crisp pizza base. We tested it on a few unsuspecting
victimstasters and not one of them had anything bad to say. And, more importantly, no one guessed that it was a yeast free pizza dough.
- The tang of the yoghurt keeps the base from tasting too one-dimensional, and the self-raising flour makes sure it’s not stodgy or rubbery in any way. It’s especially suited for making thin crust pizza, so we suggest the first time you make it, you roll out the dough to a thickness of about 3 to 5mm.
- We could harp on about how this easy pizza dough recipe without yeast has changed our lives all day, but instead, we think you should just try it and decide for yourself. It’ll only take you 25 minutes and you only need 2 ingredients, so you have almost nothing to lose!
Watch the fun video and you’ll see how easy it is to make this genius pizza dough recipe
Here’s the recipe so you can make it yourself!
What you’ll need to make this easy pizza dough recipe
For the pizza base:
- 155g or a cup of self-raising flour (if you don’t have self-raising flour, you can use 155g plain flour mixed with 1 1/2 teaspoons of baking powder)
- 185g or 3/4 cup full-cream yoghurt
For the toppings:
- Tomato pasta sauce of choice, cheese, and whatever else you please (we used tomatoes, mozzarella and basil, but you can go wild)
How to make this yeast free pizza dough
Step 1: Preheat your oven to 200C. Measure the self-raising flour into a bowl (no sifting necessary) and add the yoghurt (you can season with salt and pepper if you wish).
Step 2: Stir together to make a rough dough (it will be rather sticky). If you can’t do this with a spoon or spatula, use your hands.
Step 3: Generously dust a clean surface with flour and flatten the dough into a disk. To make life easier for yourself (after all, this is an EASY pizza dough recipe), we suggest doing this on a piece of parchment paper which you can easily transfer to a baking tray.
Step 4: Roll out the yeast free pizza dough with a rolling pin to your desired thickness (it will rise a bit in the oven). If it’s the first time you’re making this pizza dough, we suggest rolling it out to around 5mm and then adjusting this up or down depending on the results.
Step 5: Add your toppings (start with a tomato base, then add whatever you like — tomatoes, cheese, bacon, chicken, mushrooms, peppers… the choices are endless!).
Step 6: Transfer to a baking sheet and bake at 200⁰C for 15min, or until the edges are golden and the cheese is melted and bubbling.
Step 7: EAT!