Turmeric chicken with couscous
- 3 ½ tbsp olive oil
- 2 red peppers, sliced
- 2 sprigs fresh oregano, leaves only
- 2 tsp ground turmeric
- 4 skinless chicken breast fillets
- 200g couscous
- 100g green beans
- 400g Swiss chard spinach, larger stalks sliced
- 100g reduced-fat hummus
- 25g whole almonds
- Handful of fresh basil leaves
- On a baking tray, drizzle 1 ½ tbsp olive oil over the sliced peppers, season, and roast at 180°C for 20 min.
- Mix together the oregano, turmeric and 1 tbsp olive oil, then coat the chicken breasts in the mixture. Heat 1 tbsp oil in a large frying pan, add the chicken and cook for 10-15 min, turning occasionally. Add the roasted peppers to the pan and stir.
- Cook the couscous according to pack instructions. Meanwhile, steam the green beans for 3 min in the microwave, add the chard stalks and steam for a further 2 min, then add the chard leaves and steam for 1 min until just wilted.
- To serve, spoon hummus onto each plate and top with the couscous and peppers. Then slice the chicken and arrange on the top, scatter over the whole almonds and serve with the green steamed beans and chard. Finish with basil leaves.