Use good-quality dark chocolate for an intensely chocolatey hit in these über-rich, gooey brownies.
Cooking time: 45 minutes
Energy: 1764kJ per serving
Saturated Fat: 13g
- 320g dark chocolate (at least 70% cocoa solids)
- 100g unsalted butter
- 4 free-range eggs, beaten
- 180g castor sugar
- 100g flour
- cocoa powder, to dust
- Heat the oven to 180°C. Line an 18cm square brownie tin with baking paper. Put the chocolate and butter in a bowl over barely simmering water and stir until melted, then set aside to cool.
- Whisk the eggs and sugar until pale and fluffy, sift in the flour and fold in gently, then fold in the melted chocolate. Mix until smooth.
- Pour into the prepared tin and bake for 20 to 25 minutes until well set on top with a little wobble. Leave to cool completely in the tin, cut into squares, then dredge in cocoa powder.