Thanks to dating apps like Tinder, you can find your future soulmate or one-time hook-up at the touch of a button. Unfortunately, just being an active member doesn’t make one a dating expert and there are plenty of opportunities to mess up. From hilarious bios to cringe-worthy conversations, here are some of our favourite Tinder fails.
Read more: Funny dating disasters to lighten your mood
Disclaimer: These are not hard and fast rules, just tongue-in-cheek suggestions based on funny fails we found. Online (and offline) dating can be a tough ride so do what’s fun, show off your personality and don’t assume everyone has a sense of humour.
A funny list of don’ts to help you avoid your own Tinder fails:
1. Don’t assume everyone loves puns or clever lines – some people have no souls ????♀️
2. Don’t use a one size fits all approach to compliments
i love meeting boys on tinder pic.twitter.com/VnjBmTBsQu
— #trishy (@soulthot) February 22, 2017
3. Don’t get too creative with your bio (but also put in some effort – it’s a fine line)
4. Don’t be too straightforward – honesty isn’t always the best policy
5. Don’t come on too strong right off the bat…