It’s that time of year again where you get to spoil your favourite person (and get spoilt in return) simply because you both like each other (and some might say love each other) A LOT. But whether you’ve just gotten together recently or have been a pair for a long time, your struggle is the same – what do you buy? Luckily, we’ve made it our mission to find lovely Valentine’s Day gift ideas and on a budget, too – everything is under R200.
Below we’ve rounded up a few things we think would make spoils for your loved one or for yourself. From quirky and useful accessories to gifts that can be enjoyed by more than just one person.
Scroll down for Valentine’s Day gift ideas under R200:
Treat yo’self or someone you love to a little pampering
Everyone likes to look good, enjoy a relaxing soak, or snack on yummy goodies. You won’t go wrong if you choose to buy something from the fail-safe gifts below.
- WBeauty eyebrow perfecting kit, R120, Woolworths
- Handcrafted Turkish delight, R69.99, Woolworths
- Pedicure and slipper gift set, R139, Clicks
- Hand and nail cream 3-pack, R99.95, Woolworths
- Acqua Colonia stimulating body spray, R195, Dis-Chem
- Scented candle in a geo-printed tin, R130, Woolworths
- Single preserved long-lasting rose, R199.95, Netflorist
- Lindor heart-shaped tin, R169.99, Lindt
- Bath bombs 6-pack, R70, Bubbles & Bliss at Clicks
As said in the great film How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days: ‘Frost yourself!’
The great thing about gifting accessories is that you know it’s going to get used, and what’s better than money well spent? We’ve put together some accessories that are pretty to look at and wear, and some that are really useful.
- Statement yellow sunnies, R199, Joy Collectables
- Quirky charging cable cover, R69.99, Typo
- Bird-printed scarf, R99.95, Woolworths
- Pom-pom bucket bag, R149, Pop Candy
- Earphones with portable case, R169, Cotton On
- Microfibre gym towel, R149, Bobums
- Gem-covered novelty flask, R199.99, Typo
- Shell-shaped earrings, R149, Witchery
- Colourful polka dot socks, R149, Happy Socks
Gifts perfectly made to be enjoyed by two
You spend a lot of time with your significant other so why not buy a present that both of you can enjoy. Besides the whole point of Valentine’s Day is to make time for one another, right? Well, at least we’d like to think so. Plus, they’re all great buys for the home.
- Love quote watercolour art, R79.99, MrP Home
- Iridescent glass carafe, R89.99, MrP Home
- Slate heart-shaped serving platter, R149, Kitchen Craft
- Mini pool set, R199.99, Typo
- His & her mug set, R69.99, MrP Home
- Oh So Heavenly luxury bath gift set, R55.20, Clicks
- Anthurium potted flowering plant, RR149.99, Woolworths
- Embellished scatter cushion, R129.99, MrP Home
- Doginoes pack, R149.99, Typo