Recently, government announced that we should all wear cloth face masks when venturing out from lockdown to buy essentials.
Addressing this need, Cape Town-based company OnlineMasks has developed a range of hi-tech material face masks for the public: SneezeGuard masks. Visit www.onlinemasks.co.za to read more and to shop their products.
Wearing a mask is no guarantee that you won’t catch the virus. But it’s one of the safety measures we can all take to decrease our risk of infection.
Why choose SneezeGuard?
SneezeGuard masks are not medical quality. Medical-grade masks are scarce, and should be reserved for medical professionals. However, SneezeGuard masks are one of the most effective non-medical-grade masks available to the average South African.
The three-layer hi-tech fabric acts as a barrier capturing droplets with tiny viral particles (known as aerosols). This is how the novel coronavirus is spread. The masks also act as a barrier against accidental transmission through hand to face contact. This is another method of transmission.
SneezeGuard at a glance
- Made under strict sanitary conditions. Each mask is individually UV sterilised in a medical-grade steriliser and is then packed in re-sealable packaging.
- The masks are reusable and washable for regular use.
- Available in three colours (black, green & blue) and in five sizes that cater to kids and adults alike, fitting comfortably around the nose.
- Three layers for ultimate protection and comfort:
- Outer layer: Stretchy, humidity-resistant scuba neoprene cloth
- Middle layer: Thick hydrophobic filter that’s not woven – instead, it’s made from meltblown propylene that’s sonically bonded together
- Inner layer: Bird’s eye material that stops moisture build-up on your skin
To buy one of these products, visit the OnlineMasks website by clicking here.
What you’ll win… 20 Scuba Three Ply Covid-19 SneezeGuard
Face Masks, each worth R150, from OnlineMasks, are up for grabs.
Five lucky readers will each win four of these masks!
OnlineMasks will also give Essentials readers a discount when buying their products via the website, onlinemasks.co.za. Use the discount code “ESS” at checkout to redeem this offer.
- Our competition forms require you to be a newsletter subscriber for a successful entry.
- Each person can only enter each competition once.
- This competition closes on 15 May 2020.
Sorry. This form is no longer available.
Terms and conditions apply
Additional terms and conditions
- Competition prize is non-transferable and cannot be exchanged for cash.
- Value of competition prize correct at time of publishing.
- The Competition Prize will go to the first five correctly completed online entry forms, drawn randomly after the closing date. The decision is final; no correspondence will be entered into.
- Sizes of masks can be specified by winners, but colours will be at OnlineMasks discretion, according to product availability.
- By entering this competition, you give Caxton the right to market other Caxton magazine offers to you.
- The reader offer can only be redeemed on full-priced products sold online at onlinemasks.co.za using the correct promotional code. This offer can only be redeemed once per reader.