Bored of the same old exercise routine? Time to shake things up in 2020!
If you love Pilates and aerobics, then the brand-new exercise group class offered at Virgin Active, called Active Bands, will be right up your alley. Developed in conjunction with British fitness guru Rachel Holmes and Virgin Active SA’s National Product Manager Ceri Hannan, Active Bands uses resistance bands combined with matt-based Pilates and high-intensity interval training (HIIT) to give you an all-over body workout. The class also includes moves from Tabata, a form of HIIT that lasts four minutes, and EMOM (every minute on the minute) – a type of interval workout where a specific task is performed every minute for a set amount of time.
Active Bands’ calorie-burning workouts – unlike other resistance-band exercises – focus on the lower body and core, with bands placed higher on the thigh to help activate other muscles in your body and minimise injury risk. The class is so good, it’s even endorsed by local celebs like Zuraida Jardine and KFM’s Sibongile Mafu, who said “My glutes were kicked but I did it all with a smile!” Find your nearest Virgin Active branch offering Active Bands here. #ActiveBands #VirginActiveSA
One lucky reader will be able to sign up for Active Bands after winning a 12-month Virgin Active membership, worth R11 940! If you’re already a Virgin Active member, you can use this prize at your home club; if you’re not a member, your prize will be given as a voucher valid for 12 months for you to use at your nearest branch.
Please note: Our competition forms require you to be a newsletter subscriber for a successful entry.
This competition closes on 31 December 2019.
Terms and conditions apply.
Additional Terms & Conditions:
- To enter this competition, you must be over the age of 18.
- Prize is non-transferable and can’t be exchanged for cash, other products or be sold.
- Each reader can only enter this competition once.
- This competition is closed to all Virgin Active staff, tenants, contractors and their immediate family members.
- If a winner is already a member of Virgin Active, the prize will be 12 months’ free access to their home club; if a winner is not a member, they will be provided with a free membership voucher valid for 12 months.
- Virgin Active reserves the right to document the winner’s journey with the personal trainer through photos, video and/or written content. This content may be used in Virgin Active print, online and/or video-based marketing materials, as well as any other company publications.
- Prize will go to the first correctly completed online entry form, drawn randomly after the closing date.
- Should the winner not be contactable, Virgin Active reserves the right to award the prize to a new winner.
- The judges’ decision is final; no correspondence will be entered into.
- Prize winner will be subject to Virgin Active’s terms and conditions; click here to read.